Perk up with this fresh, healthy and easy kombucha perfect for summer. Fresh oranges, a splash of orange juice mix together with special flowers and herbs for a magical summery kombucha.
Calendula, an annual flower that re-seeds when happy, can easily be grown in a home garden pot. Dried petals make a zesty partner with citrus in this flavorful summer favorite. Good-ole stand-bys like fresh ginger and dried lemon verbena make this incredibly cheap kombucha look and taste like a million bucks.
The orange and yellow flowers of calendula are ruled by the Sun and come with many beneficial properties. Kombucha homebrewers and shoppers can also find dried calendula petals, also known for promoting healthy skin, in natural grocery stores and co-ops. Look for calendula on the ingredient label in retail face washes.
- Calendula – dried petals (1 tsp)
- Orange Juice – fresh juice (about 1 tbsp)
- Ginger – fresh, powdered, or crystallized (small chunk, about ½ tbsp.)
- Orange – fresh juice or cut-up segments (about 1 tbsp)
- Lemon verbena – fresh or dried (About three leaves, smudged between fingers to release the delicious essence)